Thursday, August 9, 2012

Caponomics On Amazon

I have an announcement I would like to share with those of you who check out my blog. I have begun to submit book reviews for Amazon.com and will be submitting more of these reviews in the days and weeks to come.

There are a few reasons that I am doing this. The first is that I want to do what I can to make an impact on what people shop for on Amazon. I feel that good books should be bought and bad books should be ignored, which is an obvious train of thought. It's also an act of preventing others from following the path in which I myself did in the negative aspect and encouraging people to following the path I did in the positive aspect. In simple talk: read good books, not bad ones.

While it's of lesser reasoning, writing reviews, let alone book reviews, on Amazon puts me in a competition. You are ranked based off of how helpful you are and you can earn titles for being in the Top 10, Top 100, and other valuable honors. I have always been interested in competition, not necessarily comparing myself to others, but seeing how far I can go with my writing and reviewing talents.

For those of you who are interested, my reviews will be under "Caponomics" on Amazon. The reviews that have been released include...

The Incredible Shrinking Man by Richard Matheson
Chanukah Guilt by Ilene Schneider
Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut

There will be plenty of reviews to come of several other books. I ask and encourage you to check them out. At the moment, I'm only getting the feel of how Amazon reviews, but will eventually warm up and become casual like they are on this blog.

I will continue to review books here on Caponomics and will give a more straight forward rating on a scale of 0-10. Amazon has a 1-5 star rating, which doesn't allow an option to give absolutely dreadful books a zero-star rating. Unfortunately, but ehhhh... that's life.

So if you get the chance and want to buy some books on Amazon, check out my reviews and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment