Saturday, May 25, 2013

The 200th Post

Two years, two months, and sixteen days after moving Caponomics to Blogger from my not as strong a location as Facebook, I have made it to my 200th post and that is indeed something to celebrate. I usually use my anniversary posts (one-year and two-year, 100th post...) to provide statistical information about page views, followers, and sometimes even popular posts. Since joining Blogger, I have had 15,440 page views, 16 followers, and my popular posts are just about the same as those from the second year anniversary edition. The only difference is that my post about my distaste for orange juice pulp has become increasingly popular.

For this post, I am going to do a Q&A with two questions that were asked by devoted follower Kevin Brownlie from Road Of The Month, a blog about roads. I will provide a brief, but thorough answer to each question. I hope to do this more often, but I need questions to order to execute such an idea. Without questions, there can be no answers, and I am not in favor in creating my own questions, because it wouldn't be authentic and I might as well make it my topic of discussion. As for Kevin's questions, here they are and they're quite good, too!



What do you think about the next Super Bowl being held in the Meadowlands?

I like it. I like the fact that the National Football League is changing things up by moving the Super Bowl to a different location with colder weather and in access of the Northeastern United States. Super Bowls are generally held in warm weather, primarily in the southern part of the country, or in domes. It attracts people who are attracted to warm weather, but it's about time that we see a change. The cold weather and cold environment should be the least of your worries as a football fan. If you're going for the experience, then the experience should be what you make of it.

As for the players, if we're going to give you a Lombardi trophy, you should be able to play in any kind of weather, warm or cold. Better yet, how about we have Chicago host the Super Bowl in Soldier Field. Talk about a nippy, grueling football game where only the strongest team will remain standing. What would be even more exciting is a Super Bowl in the snow. It would feel so vintage and just about anything could happen. 

Bringing the Super Bowl to East Rutherford, New Jersey should really provide the NFL with something that hasn't been provided in nearly fifty years of football in the league. It will bring a massive amount of tourism to the state of New Jersey, which is key for a state recovering from economic issues and from Hurricane Sandy. 

What are your thoughts of the Formula One race being held in Hudson County, New Jersey?

In all honesty, I don't know so much about these races, but from what I have read, it is a big event for racing fans and it will likely boost the New Jersey economy, in some kind of way as the Super Bowl in the Meadowlands would. This leads me to believing that Chris Christie, the current governor of New Jersey, has done plenty to attract tourism to his state through all of the strengths we have. The fact that Formula One is being held in the state is only one step forward in the right direction and why Barbara Buono (Christie's opposition come November) is even being considered as a voting option beats me. Formula One is an example of highlighting recognition to New Jersey and the more recognition for a state, the better.



I am glad to have been able to answer these questions and hopefully I can come up with another Q&A during the summer months. There will be plenty of other pieces I will be submitting to this blog during the next few months and perhaps even more... that is, if I am able to balance my other writing activities at the same time. Hope you're enjoying Caponomics after 200 posts. Our next destinations are either three years or 300 posts, whichever comes first. Perhaps I may celebrate earlier when we get to 250 posts, but that'll be a call I make when I get there!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my questions, Josh. Looking forward to both of these events and more from Caponomics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kevin! Thanks for asking some questions as well, because it brings purpose to doing Q&A's on Caponomics.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 200 blog posts :D That is awesome! Hope you'll write many more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carina! Glad to meet you through the blogging world and I look forward to reading your upcoming posts as well!

      Delete
  3. My relationship has been restored,


    My Ex-boyfriend is back after he broke up with me.


    I am the happiest lady on earth,


    Never too late to fix your broken heart.


    You can still get your lover back...


    Fix broken relationship/marriage...


    Thanks............................R.buckler11@gmail com,,

    ReplyDelete